An Extraordinary, Inclusive 19-Day Five Star Itinerary Exemplifying China's Magnificent Diversity
« Tour Brochure » (pdf file)
Professionally Escorted Best Possible Accommodations
(Tour personally arranged with consultation with our professional travel experts in China)
Li River, Guilin
Forbidden City, Beijing
- Small, Intimate Tour Group maximum of 30 guests.
- Excellent Value includes experienced guides, luggage handling, sightseeing, admission fees, special entertainment, all taxes & most gratuities (except for guides and bus drivers at your option).
- All Accommodations Included best hotels and accommodations available.
Center city luxury 5-star hotels (twin share) except in country side Yangshou (4-star) and small, local town near eclipse site (4-star). Includes stays at the coveted Westin Bund Hotel in Shanghai, the landmark Shangri-La in Chengdu, and the historic Peninsula Palace Hotel, Beijing, regarded as one of China's finest hotels
- Nearly Every Meal Included all 18 breakfasts & 17 lunches plus 16 dinners (including welcome and farewell dinners). All arranged in local good restaurants that avoid tourist locations. Meals include gratuities, free flowed soft drinks and local cold beer except wine.
(Two dinners on your own to allow you personal choice but we can recommend.)
- All Local On-Tour Transportation Included ground, air and river cruises. (International airfare is additional but we can help arrange the best possible.)
- Luxury Ground Transportation Included comfortable air-conditioned van with separate luggage van.
- Luxury Express Train experience China's modern rail service, Chengdu to Chongqing (opened early 2008); clean with no smoking; soft seats.
- Free Beverages on Bus Included mineral water, fruits and snacks during entire trip.
- Personally Escorted Continental Capers travel coordinator, professional astronomer, English speaking Chinese tour guide for entire tour plus best local English speaking Chinese experts.
- All Entrance Fees Included for all sites visited including cost of all performances listed in itinerary. (Pictures with panda extra.)
- Itinerary carefully chosen to exemplify China's magnificent diversity. All activities mentioned in itinerary including:
(See Attractions for listing of tour attractions and more details.)
- Anji County (our eclipse site; home of lush bamboo groves).
- Beijing (China's capital & cultural center; among world's largest cities).
- Chengdu (habitat of giant pandas, city of cotton-rose hibiscus).
- Chongqing (port city at confluence of Yangtze and Jialing Rivers).
- Fuli (old town with old homes; a center for painting-fan industry).
- Guilin (situated in strangely shaped limestone karst hills & caves).
- Shanghai (China's largest city; center of its modern economy & culture).
- Suzhou (city of gardens, stone bridges, pagodas; a center for silk industry).
- Xi'an (historic, old city, capital of 11 Dynasties; home of Terracotta Warriors).
- Xinping (small, old wooded town & ferry port; spectacular stretch of scenery).
- Yangshuo (old rural market; base for exploring karst country & Li River).
- View a Total Solar Eclipse!* an experience like no other, never to be forgotten. This is longest duration total eclipse of the past 18 years and the longest of the 21st Century. Viewing location in Anji County among best sites to see this eclipse. (Want to know more about solar eclipses? Read this.)
- Tour and Eclipse Booklet especially prepared to give you a synopsis of tour attractions and eclipse. Plus, pre-eclipse briefings and special eclipse day arrangements.
- Eclipse Glasses for safe viewing of Sun.
- T-Shirts receive one of our popular and famous Eclipse T-Shirts.
*We cannot guarantee the observation of this total solar eclipse. (Nature dictates!) However, we have made every effort to examine weather prospects prior to selecting our observation site.